Painted Mirror Frame - Not exactly as it should be...


Painted Mirror Frame - pic 1, originally uploaded by mytwobabes.
I saw this great photo, that inspired me to try this on my own. It really didn't look so hard, and you can find all kinds of these painted vintage mirrors on Etsy.
I chose to use a pink spray paint from Krylon (Ace Hardware)... the only pink spray color available... and it looked (on the can) like the perfect shade of pink for my girls' room.
Okay, so the spraying part was easy and and I used two coats. But I just do not like the color! It is more of a matte mauve as it turns out, not so much the bright candy pink I was trying to achieve. Do you think it was because of the old frame? Maybe it soaked it in differently than it should have? or maybe I need a couple more coats? Or a brush & bucket to achieve the right look?
Have you tried this on your own? I'd love to have more tips and try again!

No comments: